If Needlestick Injuries Exposure occurs, the healthcare workers shall do the following immediately
In Case of Accidental Needle Prick:
Bleed site gently.
Wash with soap and water and cover with dressing.
Apply isopropyl alcohol 70%.
Check patient’s chart (status).
Report the incident (to your immediate superior/headnurse).
Fill up the standard OVR form from the ward and have it signed by the head nurse
Proceed to the employee health clinic with the OVR form.
Another Needle stick OVR form is filled up in Employee health clinic
Employee health physician evaluates the employee -
بارك الله فيك
تعبئة هذا النموذج ومن ثم ارساله
What to do if you get a needle-stick injury?
1. Do wash the injury under warm-soapy running water. Do not suck/squeeze blood from the injured site. If sucha puncture comes through a gloves, remove gloves and wash your hands with soap and water.
2. Cover injury with an impermeable dressing.
3. Notify your Supervisor on-duty and Infection Control Staff immediately.
4. A needle-prick form must be filled up which includes the name & file number, and all the necessary data/information of the patient, if you know from whom the incident came from.
5. Do blood test (staff need to screened for HIV, HCV, HBV ).
6. If possible do blood test from the source/patient (immediately or before discharge), especially if the patient is not admitted.
7. If you had the Hepatitis B vaccine series and didn’t get immunity (vaccine-non responder) or if you were not vaccinated at all, you may need Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin (especially if you don’t know the source’s status regarding HB infection). But if the patient is not HB +,then you may not need the Immunoglobulin.
8. Do blood test after 3 months & after 1 year, depend on your Physician’s advice.
|مواقع النشر (المفضلة)|
|الكلمات الدليلية (Tags)|
|ماهى, المتخذة, الاجراءات, الاصابةبابرة, عند|
|أدوات الموضوع||إبحث في الموضوع|
|انواع عرض الموضوع|